How to grow your hair

Good evening sweetie pies.

Believe me, i know the struggle of growing your hair long. I've been through it and i'm still growing my hair. I wanted to share with you some of the tips i followed to get from this: 

Or
(Excuse the quality these are old)

To this:

(Yes it goes down to my waist)

This is almost a 5 years progress. There is no secret or magical hair mask, i know there are some articles out there claiming that "this kinda mask makes your hair grow x inches overnight" excuse me girl, that's bulls**t! Your hair won't grow overnight it's not some Abracadabra or Harry Potter magic.

Here are my tips for growing healthy hair "naturally" because there's no such thing as overnight, i repeat.

1• Shampoo and Conditionner

U No Say? Well obviously but what i want to get to is, you need to find the right shampoo for your hair type. There are shampoos out there that claim they're for oily or dry hair but once you use them it just does nothing. 

What i did was experiencing, yes, i wouldn't know what kind of shampoo would suit my hair if i just choose it according to what's written in it. I did however start by getting shampoos for oily hair (i have oily hair) and my hair felt dry even when it was soaking wet in the shower, i felt as if the tips of my hair were about to fall off and it got tangled and i almost start praying for my hair.

I experienced with different types of shampoos until i found the one that was right for me, which is from the brand "Creightons" :


Which was my key number one. I usually use either the Argan Smooth shampoo or the Volume Pro one with the Argan Smooth conditionner. Oh! And talking about the conditionner, it's a must! Conditionner makes so much difference when used and as the name calls for, it conditions your hair and you immediatly notice the difference once you wash it out.

2• Hair Masks

No, not those ones that claim to make your hair grow faster.I personally use a hair mask everytime i wash my hair, be it a hair mask or a hair balm it's still a really good way to protect your hair from the "outside world" it nourrishes the hair and smoothens it, it also prevents the hair from feeling really dry and thirsty.

I use the Garnier Ultra Doux oil replacement with Avocado oil and Shea Butter : 


Which is my key number two. I also apply the tiniest bit on my tips when my hair is dry to keep them nourished all along. 

As an additional key number 3, and i state, there was a time where my hair was shedding A LOT, i was worried to actually become bald (lol) so i told my father and he got me a treatment from the Parapharmacy and it actually helped me out a lot :


At first you take out the spray bottle and be like "Wth is this?" Because first thing you will notice is the watery solution and oily solution, separated. But don't worry the instructions call for shaking the bottle and it mixes together. I used to always spray it on my roots and massage it into my scalp before going out, it doesn't smell medicinal or anything it smells more citrusy and it really was useful. 

3• Oil Massage

Oils are no miracle but they still help out on keeping a healthy scalp and hair. I suggest to use either an oil on its own or a mixture of oils and massage it to your hair, when you feel like it, before washing it. I am no oil expert so you wanna go to those shops that specializes in natural products and ask about different oils and what are their benefits for the hair and choose what sounds satisfying to you.

But if you want a recommendation from me and from what i used, i suggest : Coconut oil, Avocado Oil, Almond oil, Castor oil, Aloe Vera oil or gel. These are really great oils i use for my hair, they won't make your hair grow faster however, they fortify the hair and prevents hair fall (basically the reason i started using oils after the shedding incident) they're also really good for rebel hair.

4• A Trim?

Listen! I never, and i say litteraly never, trimmed my hair ever since the day i've cut it into a pixie cut. I too searched some blogs for growing my hair and they were like "YOU NEED A TRIM" and i never understood why would the split ends affect the growth of my hair that actually grows from the roots and i still don't know why and i never probably will understand.

If you're scared from getting a trim because we all know, we want to grow our hair, you ask the hair dresser for a trim and you end up with a bob haircut. So if you're too afraid to get that trim, don't do it. My hair never stopped growing because of that and yes i do have split ends but they're not those spiky ones ready to stab you because as i said before i "tame" them by applying the hair mask on them from time to time.

Another thing, if you really want that trim but you're still scared to get your hair chopped off, do it by yourself. No not an actual professional one, but like when you're sitting, chilling, bored, try to section your hair and look for those rebel tips and cut them off.

5Drink Water

Water is the key to everything. Not only it's good for your health but it's good for your hair too. It's your blood circulation that lets your hair grow and if your blood circulation is healthy, your hair is healthy too.

Drink plenty of water and if you're like me, can stay a whole day without water, try to download a water drinking reminder app, and set it for how many times you want it to remind you to drink water.

6• Give your hair a rest

I know we girls want beautiful hairstyles with beautiful straight or bouncy curly hair but, give your hair a rest. You don't need to be blow drying your hair every single time and straightening it every single day. Yes, heat is really damaging for the hair and i was a straightener addict. Ever since i started really taking care of my hair i thought to myself "this hair care shouldn't go to waste", that's when i stopped, and tried to accept my natural curls.

The first time you stop you might feel a little bit weird about your natural hair, but once you keep the hair care routine going you'll notice the difference. My hair is more relaxed now compared to the first time i stopped straightening it, it feels a lot smoother, my curls aren't crazy anymore and sometimes my hair comes out straight, because i actually have loose curls so why would i straighten it when it was naturally beautiful.

And so that's it my lovelies, i hope theses tips were useful and i could help you a bit and not just shower you with lies because and again, hair doesn't grow magically over night or because of a miracle hair mask or anything.

Sweetie Night Pumpkins ♡


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nectar of Nature/Beauty by LCD Paris ~Review~

Insomnia and Hypersomnia

Chicken Nuggets Burrito 🌯